Exploring Ogwen WWII invasion defences
As part of the British Festival of Archaeology join our team for a 2 hour walk in the Ogwen valley to explore the curious structures put in place during the early years of WWII, to protect the valley from invasion.
- Booking essential
- Free event
Learn more about how these stone and concrete structures intended to guard the narrow Ogwen pass from invasion. You're welcome to bring along local information you might have about these structures and the Home Guard who manned them.
- Booking details
- Call 01248 605739
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number in group and contact number
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at National Trust Rangers Office, Ogwen Cottage, LL57 3LZ. P&D parking at Snowdonia National Park car park or free parking near Llyn Ogwen, allow time to walk to Ogwen Cottage.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable / sturdy walking shoes and outdoor clothing
- Some rough ground and steep terrain
- To book a place, please send your name, the number of people in your group, and a contact phone number (in case of cancellation) to email@example.com
|26 July 2019||10:00 - 12:00||Available|