Stonehenge Spring Archaeology Walk
The Stonehenge landscape is an intriguing place with many of its secrets still lying tantalisingly below ground. However, this enjoyable and informative 4 mile walk with an expert guide will have you looking at this landscape with new eyes.
- Booking essential
This walk takes you around various aspects of the World Heritage Site, with iconic views of Stonehenge visible for much of the time. We'll visit ancient earthworks including the Cursus monument, the Stonehenge avenue and some of the many and varied barrows. In spring you may also be lucky enough to see boxing hares as well as early spring flowers and a rich variety of bird life.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- A 5% booking fee applies. Phone lines are open Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm, plus Sat and Sun 9am-4pm.
- Accompanied children welcome, free
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meeting in a car park off Tombs Road (Larkhill) at OS grid reference SU 14382 43626 (nearest postcode SP4 8NB). If you need more information please call 07917 175211
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather - wrap up warm as it gets chilly up on the downs - and wear stout footwear. You may like to bring a drink and a snack.
- Access is by pedestrian and farm gates; the terrain is mostly grassland and track ways, often uneven underfoot. Cattle and sheep graze the gently sloping downs.
- Please note, traffic on the A303 is often congested around holidays and weekends. Although your guide will tell you about it, this walk doesn't visit the Stone Circle. You might like to visit it before the walk; NT members are admitted free. To pre-book your visit please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk
|3 March 2018||14:00 - 16:30||Available|
|15 March 2018||14:00 - 16:30||Available|
|24 March 2018||14:00 - 16:30||Available|
|12 May 2018||14:00 - 16:30||Available|
|23 May 2018||14:00 - 16:30||Available|