Free Guided Walks on a Wednesday
"Tarn Hows and Black Crag: Spectacular 360° views of Central Lakeland". Join our friendly and knowledgeable volunteers on a walk of exploration around the area of Tarn Hows.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Most visitors to Tarn Hows enjoy the circular path around the Tarn, which is a wonderful walk for all the family but if you'd like to go a little further afield, one of these guided walks might be for you. The walks usually last around 3 hours and are lead by one of our experienced, local volunteers.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Starting from Tarn Hows Main Car Park
- What to bring and wear
- Suitable clothing, including a sturdy pair of shoes or boots, is required (sun protection and waterproofs depending on the weather) and bring a packed lunch and water.
- Uneven surfaces, stiles and hills on the route. Walk category: moderate (some on mountain paths) Distance: approx 4 miles
- The walks are free, but donations towards our work, looking after Tarn Hows, are always welcome. The walks may be changed or cancelled if the weather is unsuitable.
|28 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|