Boxing Day Walk
Get out and about this Boxing Day and enjoy a bracing walk around the Bateman's estate followed by a hot drink in our tea room.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Join our Ranger this Boxing Day and take a gentle 2 mile countryside walk out on the Bateman's estate. You'll need your Wellies or some good walking boots as it will probably be muddy and there's one stile to negotiate. When you get back to the start, there'll be a hot drink waiting for you in the tea room, and you can always treat yourself to a delicious bacon or sausage bap.
Event ticket prices
All £8.50includes guided walk and hot drink
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Car Parking charges: Non-members: £3 per car. NT Members: Free parking.
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches: Free. Unbooked coaches: £50 charge.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children are welcome
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at Visitor Reception.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable warm and weatherproof clothing, walking boots or Wellies.
- This countryside walk is through fields and farmland, with gentle hills and one stile to negotiate.
- Dogs on short leads are permitted on the paths in the garden and out on the wider estate. Dogs are not permitted in the buildings or Mulberry Garden, unless Assistance dogs. Car parking charges apply; NT Members, free; Non-NT Members, £3 per car.
|26 December 2019||10:30 - 12:30||Available|