Seasonal Story Telling Sessions in the Bookshop
Where better to enjoy a story than in our very own bookshop? Children and their adults are invited to join us in the second-hand bookshop at 10:30am on selected dates for seasonal stories read by the fire.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Twice a month we will be reading specially selected stories for children (and adults) in the second-hand bookshop. The sessions start at 10:30am and will last between 15-30 mins. Spaces are limited, so please ask at Visitor Reception on your way in for a story sticker to book your space.
Dates include: Tuesdays 14th December *, 11th January and 25th January.
* Through December entrance to the park is through booked timed entry only. please book your park entry ticket separately.
In January we will be reading Percy the Park Keeper to go along with our Percy the Park Keeper Winter Wonder trail.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£24.80||£22.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Admission to Attingham is free for National Trust members and under 5s. Non-members pay admission fee on day of visit.
- sessions are aimed for a pre-school audience All children must be accompanied
- Meeting point
- Pick up your story time sticker on arrival at Visitor Reception and then head to the Stables secondhand Bookshop in the far left corner of the Stables courtyard.
- The Second Hand bookshop is accessible for buggies and wheelchairs but space can be tight so if you have any concerns please contact us beforehand.
- There is no additional charge for the story telling sessions, but we encourage parents to leave a donation or buy a second-hand book to help us keep Attingham going for future generations of book lovers. Sessions in December will include a reading of the Gingerbread man as well as rhyming and songs. The sessions will be different each time, so you can attend as many as you like. The story sessions are unavailable to book in advance, entry is given on a first come first served basis. To reserve your space please ask at visitor reception when you arrive.