Attingham Woollen Woods 2019
Experience Hall-wool-een in a completely different light this year and visit Attingham's Woollen Woods as crafted creatures take over a section of the Mile Walk once again. Or even better- help us create the trail by sending in your fibre creations.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Help us create a stunning autumn themed family trail and get crafty at the same time. Felt, sew, craft, knit or crochet an autumn critter and post it to us by the 18th October for it to be included in our Woollen Woods. Critters can be made from any waterproof materials but must have some wool (natural or synthetic) to be included.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£21.00||£19.05|
|1 adult, 3 children||£15.00||£13.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
When you buy your admission ticket you’re directly supporting our conservation work. Off peak admission available daily from 4.30pm.
By choosing to pay our Gift Aid admission you're further helping us to carry out vital conservation work across the estate to keep it a special place forever, for everyone.
A 'Green Incentive' discounted entry is available for visitors arriving by foot, public transport or by cycle (standard cycles are not permitted past Visitor Reception, children 5 years and under can ride a balance bike, bike with stabilisers or trike in the grounds).
Admission to Attingham is free for National Trust members and under 5s.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Woollen Woods will take over the 'Snowdrop path' near the bird hide and is a free trail.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress for the weather, this trail is outdoors.
- Ideas for possible creations: bats, spiders, snails, fungi, owls, autumn leaves, other autumn woodland flora and fauna. Size: please make them between 10cm - 50cm in size What materials to use: * 100% wool or yarn with high wool content is best for displaying outside * Felt or cotton * All creations must include at least some wool (natural or synthetic) to be part of our Woollen Woods project. * Pale yellow and white acrylic yarns tend to go a bit patchy, so please limit their use * No buttons or button like decorations please - animals like to try and eat them. * Natural stuffing works best outdoors. * Creations are non-returnable Please drop your creations at Visitor Reception or post them to 'Woollen Woods, Attingham Park, Atcham, Shrewsbury, SY4 4TP' to arrive by 18th October. Please also include a note with the name and age of the crafter. The trail will be in place between Sat 26th Oct and the end of November may change within this time.
|18 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|19 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|21 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|22 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 November 2019||09:00 - 17:00||Available|