Paper Hats & Polish Tour
Learn more about conservation in the House with our guided tour of the Messel Family Rooms.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Find out how we look after the house and collection during the winter months.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult and up to 3 children||£23.10||£21.00|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please note child ticket is aged under 17. Under 5's go free.
- Booking details
- Number are limited and tickets are available from reception upon arrival.
- Children welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please use the main car park and proceed to visitor reception where you will be met by a member of staff. The tour starts from the main entrance to the house approx. 10 minutes from reception.
- What to bring and wear
- It is always best to wear suitable outdoor all-weather clothing when you visit Nymans.
- The house is inaccessible for mobility buggies a wheelchair is available to use. Garden is mainly level, some gravel paths and steps. Accessible toilets are located by the cafe and in the carpark.
- Nymans opens at 10am. The house is closed for winter cleaning and conservation.
|21 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|
|22 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|
|23 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|
|28 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|
|29 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|
|30 January 2019||12:00 - 12:30||Available|