Have a go at pond dipping and see what mini beasts you discover.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Come to the water gardens at any time between 11:00am and 3:00pm on Wednesday 1st June to have a go at pond dipping.
Learn more about watery wildlife by seeing what you can find and identify.
All equipment will be provided.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 2 children||£28.10||£25.50|
Minimum group size 14
Minimum group size 14
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust & English Heritage members can visit free of charge as part of their membership. Please bring your membership card with you.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Meeting point
- Enter at any admissions point and you will be directed down to the water gardens where the activity is taking place.
- What to bring and wear
- Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal is an outdoor site. Wear sturdy shoes to better tackle uneven ground and steep slopes. Waterproofs and warm clothes are a good idea too.
- If you need flat level access to this activity, we would advise using our West Gate entrance (open between 11:00am and 3:00pm) where you can also borrow wheelchairs or mobility scooters for free if you require them. (We advise calling the estate in advance to reserve one as they are lent out on a first come first served basis.)