'Battle's Over' - Beacon Lighting
To mark 100 years of remembrance following the end of WWI, we'll be lighting Thorncombe beacon on the Golden Cap Estate against the backdrop of the Jurassic Coast as part of the national 'Battle's Over' tribute. Beacon will be lit at 7pm.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Come along and commemorate with us those who gave their lives for their country during the dreadful darkness of the First World War.Thorncombe Beacon was one of the chain of beacon sites along the south coast used to warn of the approach of the Spanish Armada in 1588.It was last lit in 2016.
Further details to follow.
- Families welcome.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Thorncombe beacon, Eype. Nearest parking at Seatown (allow 1 hour to Beacon) or Eype beach (allow 35 mins). Sorry, no overnight parking allowed. Car parks may be locked late evening.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wrap up warm as it will likely be a chilly winter evening. Sturdy footwear is recommended for the walks from the car parks to the beacon, paths may be slippery.
- Steep climb from Eype car park or a slightly gentler climb from Seatown.
- Don't forget to bring a torch. No vehicles allowed on to the Golden Cap Estate, so please make your way to the beacon on foot.
|11 November 2018||18:30 - 20:30||Available|