Timed tour of Birmingham Back to Backs (29 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed tour of Birmingham Back to Backs
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Please arrive promptly 15 minutes before your entry slot so that your guided tour can begin on time. For Health and Safety reasons and due to limited space, visiting is by guided tour only. Currently, we offer a ground floor tour that is fully accessible.
Each tour is bookable in advance and the guided tours will begin promptly at the start time of your tour. National Trust members receive tours for free, membership is available for purchase at the following link: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/join-us.
Birmingham Back to Backs are located on Hurst Street in Birmingham city centre, next to the Hippodrome Theatre.
The Back to Backs are a series of small Grade II* Listed houses built back to back with a single dividing wall between them, and they enclose a walled courtyard which is accessed via a level alleyway from Inge Street. Space is very limited and it can be quite dark inside, but we will have open windows and doors for ventilation.
Event ticket prices
Adult £9.50Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.75Non-member child (aged 5 - 17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £14.25
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £23.75
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Accessible entry via level alleyway from Inge Street to walled courtyard which has level-access toilet with handrails. Braille and large print guides available. Property is dimly lit for authentic atmosphere. Full access statement on our website: https://nt.global.ssl.fastly.net/documents/access-guide/1431729796419-birmingham-back-to-backs.pdf
- • Please book one ticket per household. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your booking so that your tour can start promptly; if you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.