The Reluctant Dragon at Newark Park
In this delightful new adaptation by Michael Whitmore, Quantum Theatre presents Kenneth Grahame’s The Reluctant Dragon, an enchanting tale of bravery, friendship and derring-do for all the family.
- Booking essential
An outdoor theatre performance of Kenneth Grahame’s children's tale.
“You’ve got to fight him some time or other you know, ’cos he’s St George and you’re the dragon…”
When a boy finds a dragon up on the Downs he’s not in the least surprised. He's always known the cave there was a dragon cave, so it seems only right for a dragon to be living in it. But this particular dragon is not a bit like the ones in fairy tales - this one writes poetry and doesn’t like fighting!
However, it’s common knowledge that when there’s a dragon you call for St George and, with a dragon in the neighbourhood, the towns folk are expecting a fight. Can the boy come up with a clever plan to save his friend and convince the townsfolk to accept him….?
Please arrive in time for the performance to start at 6:30pm. As there is no seating available on the croquet lawn, we recommend you bring a picnic blanket to sit on. You're also welcome to bring your own camping chairs.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 020 8317 9000
- Book online via www.quantumtheatre.co.uk
- Suitable for children accompanied by an adult
- Meeting point
- Please park in the car park, show your ticket at visitor reception, and make your way to the croquet lawn
- What to bring and wear
- This is an outdoor event, so please dress for the weather
- The croquet lawn is accessed by the main, gravel path from visitor reception to the house. It is relatively flat and suitable for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and buggies
- Please arrive in time for the performance to start at 6:30pm. As there is no seating available on the croquet lawn, we recommend you bring a picnic blanket to sit on. You're also welcome to bring your own camping chairs.