Houghton mill Guided mill tour
If you would like to learn a little more on your visit to Houghton Mill, we have regular guided walks on offer
- Booking advisable
- Free event (admission applies)
Weekly guided tours run on Mondays and Thursdays during the summer (23rd July to 23rd August). The free tour lasts around a 45 Minuet’s and begins outside Houghton Mill Tearoom.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 01480 301494
- Book your visit in advance via Email Houghton firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01480 301494.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Outside Houghton Mill Tearoom
- What to bring and wear
- Suitable footwear for uneven floors and stairs
- Stairs to upper floors of mill
- Due to confined areas in the mill groups are limited to maximum of 12 visitors therefore booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. We strongly advise booking in advance as the tours are very popular.
|16 August 2018||12:00 - 13:00||Available|
|20 August 2018||12:00 - 13:00||Available|
|23 August 2018||12:00 - 13:00||Available|