Ghastly Griselda's Halloween Trail at Gibside
Stretch the creativity of young witches and wizards on this spooky Halloween trail.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Venture on a quest through the West Wood and help Ghastly Griselda collect magic items to conjure a grizzly pet.
Creep towards Griselda’s lair and create a scary monster using twigs, acorns, leaves and more - from spindly arms and scruffy hair to yellow fangs and eyes that glare!
Saturday 23 October to Sunday 31 October
- Event ticket prices
|Family (1 adult)||N/A||£18.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Under 5s are free.
Non-member family tickets include entry for up to 3 children.
Car parking is free for everyone.
Free entry for National Trust members, please bring all membership cards. Join as a National Trust member | National Trust Adults from £6 per month.
- Booking details
- Booking not required for the trail. Normal admission into Gibside applies.
- Meeting point
- At visitor reception. The trail will take you towards West Wood and will take between 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Last entry on the trail is 2:30pm.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing - wrap up warm and don't forget your waterproofs.
- The trail is accessible to wheelchairs and pushchairs, however there is a slight incline that may feel steep in some places. For tramper hire please call 01207 541820.