Little Explorers - Saturday Walks 8th June-13th July
Join us for a stroll in the park with a walk leader to let your little explorers’ experience all corners of the estate. Meet new friends, tire out little legs and immerse yourself in all Blickling has to offer.
- Booking advisable
- Free event (admission applies)
Little Explorers is a great way to introduce toddlers and young children to nature and the outdoors. Walk routes and distances will vary depending on group size and ability, but all will be buggy friendly, just in case! Each week we will explore a different route, play some games and find out about Blickling’s wildlife.
- Event ticket prices
|One adult and up to three children||£24.75||£22.25|
Minimum group size 15
|One adult and up to three children||£17.30||£15.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free access to the shops, cafés, RAF Oulton Museum, plant centre, second-hand bookshop, Loft Gallery exhibitions and wider estate, including all park walks. Fishing permits are available at the lakeside.
Parking and entry is free for National Trust members. For non-members there is a fixed daily charge of £5 for all car parks, which will go towards the care, maintenance and conservation of the parkland and ensure that the parking areas are maintained. The machine does not take notes, so please ensure you have £5 of coins with you. However, if needed, visitors can pay for parking by notes or card at Estate Barn visitor reception. There is no charge for blue badge holders in the allocated areas.
Winter pricing for the whole property covers 1 January - 10 March and 28 October - 29 November.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Saturday walks suitable for school age children
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Park in the main car park and meet by the Estate Barn; this may vary from week to week, please contact us to confirm the location.
- What to bring and wear
- Make sure everyone you bring is wrapped up for the weather, either a coat and jumper or sunscreen. Bring some snacks and a drink for a halfway stop and a buggy in case little legs tire out.
- Some of the walks will be on unmade or slightly uneven paths and go through gates; they are all suitable for the age group, buggies and wheelchairs.
- Your ticket is valid for six Saturday walks from 8 June - 13 July. All members of the family need their own ticket, children must be supervised by an adult.
|22 June 2019||11:00 - 12:30||Available|
|29 June 2019||11:00 - 12:30||Available|
|6 July 2019||11:00 - 12:30||Available|
|13 July 2019||11:00 - 12:30||Available|