May half term: Jubilee Jamboree
Saturday 28 May - Sunday 5 June: get ready to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee with themed crafts and activities.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
Pick up a trail map at visitor reception and explore the grounds, taking part in Jubilee-themed activities along the way. Learn about Mottisfont’s historic royal connections, add to our bunting display and make your own flag to take home.
Our May half term activities take place from Saturday 28 May - Sunday 5 June. £1 per trail, normal property admission applies (free for National Trust members and under 5s).
We’re open from 10am-8pm (last entry 7pm) on Mondays - Saturdays from Monday 30 May – Saturday 2 July (closing at 5pm on Sundays) for rose season, which attracts thousands of visitors. To guarantee entry from 30 May, please pre-book your parking space if you’re planning to visit between 10am-3.30pm. You don’t need to book for visits after 3.30pm. Tickets can be booked up to four weeks in advance and can be booked up until 8am on the day of your visit if spaces are available. Parking is free, and you only need to book one ticket per car. Visit Mottisfont's homepage for the booking link.
- per trail sheet £1.00
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call n/a
- Activities aimed at ages 3-12, but all ages welcome
- Meeting point
- Trail sheets available from visitor reception. Activities based around the grounds.
- What to bring and wear
- The trail takes place in the grounds, so dress appropriately for the weather. Royal fancy dress welcome! Pathways can be uneven in places so sturdy footwear is recommended.
- Free parking in car park adjacent to the welcome centre, including accessible spaces - please book your space to guarantee entry. Toilet and baby-changing facilities around the grounds. Pushchairs welcome in the gardens. Gently-sloping areas and wide pathways around much of the grounds. Mobility buggy service available.
- On-site cafe and other outlets offering refreshments.