Magical monuments: Half-term family trail
Dig out the magnifying glasses and get ready to sniff out the clues on our fun family trail. Can your little detectives fill in the gaps about the moved, missing or simply magical temples and monuments of Stowe before they are lost to time forever?
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
The trail is a great opportunity to explore the great outdoors as a family whilst having fun. Enjoy the crisp, cool air before the gardens start to awake from their winter slumber.
The trail costs £2 and includes a prize.
Event ticket prices
|National Trust Members||N/A||£5.50|
|1 Adult, 3 Child||£20.85||£18.90|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
- This event is aimed at children.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Head to the New Inn visitor centre to pick up a trail sheet.
- What to bring and wear
- Be sure to wear comfy shoes for walking so you can do plenty of exploring.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- This event is designed for children ages 5 and up. Younger children are more than welcome, but please note the trail will cover approximately 2 miles, including the walk to and from New Inn.
|24 February 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|