'Stowedrops' and spring flowers
It won't be long after Christmas before you see the gardens bursting with snowdrops, or as we fondly like to call them 'Stowedrops'.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
As spring develops walk around the corner to find pockets of daffodils covering the hills, Wood and Blue anemones on the rocky banks, Turks head tulips, Crocuses, Snake's head and imperial fritillaries and Aconites to name a few, sitting in the backdrop of Grecian style temples.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust member||N/A||£4.95|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
- This is a family friendly activity, children welcome.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Pick up a leaflet from our visitor welcome area and check the daily blackboard - we'll be highlighting where the newest and best 'Stowedrops' and spring flowers spots are in the gardens.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear warm clothes and comfy boots for a good walk.
- The gardens are partly accessible: they include uneven and hard gravel paths, steep slopes, and are slightly hilly.
- We know many of you will be keen to find out when the 'stowedrops' and spring flowers have started appearing. Keep an eye on our social media and help us by sharing your pictures throughout the season on Twitter @NTStowe and Facebook National Trust Stowe.
|19 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|21 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|22 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 March 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|