Get Creative! - Art Workshop, An introduction to...
Join the Society of Marple Artists to learn about sketching in the landscape. Pick up a pencil and get inspired by the Lyme landscape as you learn new art skills and try your own artwork.
- Booking advisable
- Admission applies
Join Society of Marple Artists to learn about sketching in the landscape.
The workshops are suitable for all abilities, whether you love to sketch or have never picked up a paintbrush before. The workshops will teach you how to get started and help you try out different styles. Then explore the park and test out your new skills as you get inspired by the Lyme landscape.
The range of workshops focus on different techniques and will last 1 hour in total.
10:30 - An introduction to…doorways, entrances and windows
11:30 - An introduction to…trees and foliage
1:00 - An introduction to……perspective
2:00 - An introduction to……landscapes
3:00 - An introduction to…drawing building structures, bricks ,walls & stone
All equipment will be provided but if you have materials such as sketch books or pencils you would like to use please bring them along. Access to a camera would also be useful, but is not required.
This event not suitable for dogs.
This activity has no charge. Entry to our places are free for members. For non-members, an admission charge to the estate will apply.
Event ticket prices
All £0.001 ticket
|Family 1 Adult||£9.90||£9.00|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|Family 1 Adult||£21.50||£19.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free for National Trust members, please bring your membership cards with you. Family tickets include up to three children; children are aged 17 and under. Under 5s go free and do not need a ticket.
Please note: There is no parking only ticket.
The Park & Gardens ticket includes entry to the gardens, car park, food and drink outlets, shop, and facilities.
The House, Park & Gardens ticket includes all of the above, plus admission to the house.
Entry is free between 4.30pm and 8pm
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Please book tickets for all adults and children.
- Children Welcome
- Meeting point
- All workshops will start in the Boiler House in the Timber Yard. Please arrive 15 minutes before your workshop start time.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather. All equipment will be provided but if you have materials such as sketch books or pencils you would like to use please bring them along.
- The Boiler House is accessed by a moderate stepped ramp. Participants will be able to explore the park and garden as part of the workshop. the garden is a 5 minute uphill walk from the Timber Yard. A shuttle buggy is available. The ground can be uneven at times. Accessible parking is available in the main car park and Orangery car park
- This event is not suitable for dogs. Children must be accompanied by an adult.