Timed entry to Orford Ness (27 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed entry to visit Orford Ness. Ferries depart from Orford Quay.
- Booking advisable
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers. To avoid disappointment, please book your visit in advance, especially at busier times such as weekends and bank holidays.
Tickets are to book the ferry fare and admission to Orford Ness. NT Members will only pay the ferry fare.
Ferries depart every 20 minutes, from Orford Quay, from 10:00 - 13:40. You must travel on the outbound ferry times specified. All must wear a face covering on the ferry.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your ferry and check in at our office on Orford Quay. We recommend allowing 3-4 hours for your visit. Please note the last return ferry is 17:00
10:00 slot: Boat departs at 10:00
10:20 slot: Boat departs at 10:20
10:40 slot: Boat departs at 10:40
11:00 slot: Boat departs at 11:00
11:20 slot: Boat departs at 11:20
11:40 slot: Boat departs at 11:40
12:00 slot: Boat departs at 12:00
12:20 slot: Boat departs at 12:20
12:40 slot: Boat departs at 12:40
13:00 slot: Boat departs at 13:00
13:20 slot: Boat departs at 13:20
13:40 slot: Boat departs at 13:40
Open for your visit this week: Our outdoor spaces on our main Red walking route and the Bomb Ballistics Building, Black Beacon, Control Room and Lab 1. Our Island of Secrets exhibition in the NAAFI building. Ticket also includes admission to Artangel's Afterness Exhibition in various buildings on site.
Currently closed: Blue and Green walking routes.
Event ticket prices
Adult £4.50(NT adult - ferry & £0 entry)
Adult £12.00(Non-member adult - ferry & entry fee)
Child £0.00(Child under 5 - free)
Child £2.25(NT child - ferry & £0 entry)
Child £6.00(Non-member child - ferry & entry fee)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- • Accessible toilet available in the Rangers’ Office. • Assistance dogs welcome - to protect the fragile habitats and birds sadly other dogs are not permitted • Access is via our ferry and involves negotiating steep, sometimes slippery steps.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 need to book a free ticket so we can allocated space on the ferry. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • Please note there are no catering facilities on Orford Ness. • If you arrive after your ferry timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.