Night Sky Walk at Malham Cove
Sorry, this is event is now fully booked.
- Booking essential
- Admission applies
On a clear night the big, open skies of the Yorkshire Dales let you see thousands of sparkling stars. Join us to look at the night sky with an expert. Take a journey to explore our local star, the Sun, together with eight planets and learn about their moons together with the smaller bodies; the dwarf planets, asteroids, comets and meteors that complete our solar system. Along the way you’ll discover how to find The Plough, North Star, The Andromeda Galaxy, and Orion.
Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 01729 830416
- Suitable for children, all children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at Malham Village Hall. Parking at National Park car park in village (not National Trust – pay and display).
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear. Please bring a torch (no head torches) and binoculars if you have them.
- The walk to the Cove is approx. 1 mile. Part on tarmac road and on paths with uneven surfaces down through Cove fields to the Cove.
- This event is weather dependant so if it’s cloudy there will be space presentation (A Ramble Through The Solar System) instead.
|22 February 2020||19:00 - 21:00||Sold out|