Requiem Mass & Lecture
Join us for our annual celebration of the founder of the Chapel of Saint Mary the Virgin the 7th Duke of Newcastle.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Enjoy the sounds and smells of this traditional High Church Service celebrating the life and work of Henry Pelham Archibald Douglas Pelham-Clinton. This is followed by 'Revs, Renegades and Rebels: Writing the history of the Church of England' a lecture by the Rev Canon Jeremy Morris.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 2 children||£8.25||£7.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
If you sign up for National Trust membership, your visit that day is completely free.
Our Visitor Welcome team will happily provide more information on your arrival.
- Children are welcome with an accompanying adult.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Chapel of Saint Mary the Virgin.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress according to the weather outside, the Chapel can be cold at times.
- Entry is via the west door with double width ramp access.
- Please note the Requiem Mass is at 12:00 - 13:00 followed by the lecture at 14:30 - 15:30. All are welcome and if you are unable to stay for the whole thing please just be respectful as you enter and exit the building. Thank you.