Easter holiday activities
From campfire cooking to countryside walks, we’ve got a fun family programme on offer throughout the Easter holidays.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Woodland Classroom - Mondays 8 and 15 April, 1pm to 3pm
Campfire cooking in Wolf's Den - Tuesdays 2, 9, 16 and 23 April, 11am to 3pm
Ancient and notable tree walks – Wednesdays 10 and 24 April, 11am to 2pm
Ranger Thursdays in Wolf's Den - Thursdays 4, 11, 18 and 25 April 11am to 3pm
Jake Evans Storytelling – 5, 12, 17 and 26 April
Spot Easter chicks in the house – 30 March to 28 April
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please check house opening information as times vary. From 23 March our garden, outbuildings, restaurant and shop are open daily from 10am to 5pm until 26 October when we open 11am to 4pm.
- Children welcome
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the ticket office
- What to bring and wear
- Many of our activities are outdoors, so walking boots or wellies are recommended.
- Downstairs in the house is wheelchair accessible and our garden is buggy and wheelchair friendly with ramp access to the garden and loose gravel paths. Wolf's Den natural play area is loose woodchip.
- Dogs are welcome on our 1,200-acre estate and through the ticket office to the Tea Garden and Midden Yard, but not allowed in the house, garden or natural play area.
|22 April 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 April 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|24 April 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|25 April 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|26 April 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|