Artist in residence, Bucks Mills cabin
Each year, we invite artists to use Bucks Mills cabin for a period of time to take advantage of the wonderful light and beautiful scenery.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
A rare opportunity to see inside this tiny artists retreat which has been left largely untouched since the 1970's. Last used by renowned artists Judith Ackland and Mary Stella Edwards, the cabin is exactly as they left it over 40 years ago and remains a hidden gem in the pretty coastal village of Bucks Mills. Meet with the current artist in residence and learn about how they've been inspired by this artistic heritage.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- The Cabin is located on the slipway down to the beach at Bucks Mills. Parking is available at the top of the village. Bucks Mills is located off the A39, between Peppercombe and Clovelly.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the weather.
- Steps down into cabin, and into upper floor of the building. Unfortunately not wheelchair accessible due to steep slipway, and narrow access not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchair users.
- 5 May is outside only - in conjunction with Bucks Mills Poetry Festival) Live Poetry Performance/ Poetry Reading Session. Time TBC. 14 September is a residency display.
|5 July 2019||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|6 July 2019||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|12 July 2019||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|13 July 2019||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|24 August 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|25 August 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|
|14 September 2019||10:00 - 15:00||Available|