Archaeology lecture: Ritual protection in buildings
Learn about the archaeology of magical house protection and the history of ritual protection at this lecture.
- Booking essential
Brian Hoggard will talk about the objects that are often concealed in historic buildings to ward off or trap evil forces perceived to be a threat.
The objects to be discussed include witch-bottles, dried cats, horse skulls, shoes and written charms. He will also discuss the marks made on surfaces within buildings which acted to invoke spiritual protection, ward off or trap the same forces.
Join us for a wine reception from 6.15pm.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- A booking fee of 5% is added to the ticket price.
- Not suitable for children.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet in the Hayloft Learning Centre.
- The Hayloft is wheelchair accessible.
- This lecture is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
|26 October 2017||19:00 - 20:00||Available|