King Pocky's Derwent Water Regatta 2019
A weekend of family fun on and beside Derwent Water. In the spirit of the eccentric 18th-century owner of Derwent Island, Joseph 'King Pocky' Pocklington, if you like messing around on the water with the whole family, then this is the event for you.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
A join-in-and-take-part event with low cost watersports for beginners and FREE family activities on our free to access parkland. Taster sessions in sailing, canoeing, paddle boarding and more, plus all the fun of a traditional summer fête, water play, balance bikes, wild art, side stalls, refreshments and competitions.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The fête, stalls and activities are taking place on Crow Park. The post code for your sat nav is CA12 5DJ.
- What to bring and wear
- If you are joining in the boating activities you should bring a change of clothing in case you get wet. If you are jumping over waves you might need wellies; and the park can get muddy if it's wet.
- Crow Park is a grass field sloping down to the water's edge.
- Crow Park is within easy walking distance of several car parks in Keswick, the nearest one is Lakeside Car Park (CA12 5DJ). There is a regular bus service (Stagecoach) which stops near Crow Park. Free entry and activities; charges apply to taster sessions, which are bookable in advance. Dog owners and those with young children please be aware the regatta includes living history demonstrations and the firing of a canon.
|6 July 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|7 July 2019||10:00 - 16:00||Available|