Butterfly habitat restoration: 20 October & 2, 4, 10 November
An opportunity to get hands-on to help the iconic Durham Argus butterfly thrive.
- Booking essential
- Free event
Work with rangers to help thin and clear overgrown scrub in clifftop meadows, creating better growing conditions for rock-rose, wild thyme and birdsfoot trefoil, plants vital to Durham Argus butterflies.
This event is part of the Our Coast, Our Wildlife project in partnership with SeaScapes, supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
- Booking details
- Call Booking online only
- This event is free, but please book to let the organisers know you are attending.
- Children welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting point
- Meet at White Lea Farm, Easington Colliery, Peterlee SR8 3UX
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear.
- Involves a short walk to the clifftop meadows and Beacon Hill. Some uneven ground and paths may be muddy in places, depending on weather conditions.
- Some simple hand tools will be used during the sessions, with appropriate training given.