Summer Holiday Family Activities!
The summer holidays are here and our giant deck chairs are out! We have plenty of free fun activities to help the whole family enjoy the great outdoors and explore nature at Dunwich Heath this summer.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
We're open daily through the summer break, don’t forget to pick up a ’50 Things’ scrap book and start collecting stickers for each ‘thing’ you complete! You can have a go at Geocaching or den building, or borrow a tracker pack and set off on a bug hunt. On Wednesdays and weekends the team will be on hand 11.00am to 2.30pm to lead some fantastic activities including mud pie making, snail racing and pond dipping! See our main ‘Things to do’ article for details and to download a handy timetable.
- Event ticket prices
|Large vans, campervans & caravans||N/A||£15.00|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
All vehicles must display a valid parking ticket.
National Trust members: Free parking, please scan your cards at the pay & display machine to obtain your ticket.
Non-members: Please purchase your ticket at the pay & display machine.
There are four disabled parking bays behind the Coastguard Cottages, please display your blue badge.
No overnight parking.
Coaches: please contact us before you visit.
- All '50 Things' activities are suitable for children.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Make your way to the Visitor Information Centre outside the Coastguard Cottages where the team will be happy to help you plan your visit.
- What to bring and wear
- Bring everything you need for outdoor fun in the great British summer! This might be sun hats and sun cream, or wellies and coats if it's wet!
- Activities are accessible to all. Please note that Dunwich Heath has mixed terrain and uneven ground. An off-road personal mobility vehicle is available for hire - please book in advance.
- Why not treat yourself to some refreshments at the Coastguard Cottages Tearoom? Enjoy some tasty homemade cakes, light lunches and hot & cold drinks. Gifts and locally sourced coastal themed gifts are available in our National Trust Shop.
|19 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|20 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|21 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|22 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|23 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|24 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|25 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|26 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|27 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|28 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|29 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|30 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|31 August 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|1 September 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|2 September 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|3 September 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|
|4 September 2018||09:30 - 17:00||Available|