Introduction To Green Woodworking with the somerset bodgers
With expert guidance from our experienced tutors, you can learn and improve your traditional woodworking skills and techniques on this course.
- Booking essential
In this course you will learn the basic skills of green woodworking. Splitting logs, chopping , Using a draw Knife and Shave Horse and finally get on to the Pole lathe and produce an item to take away such as a Dibber or Mallet. You will be shown safe working techniques that will enable you to go on to bigger things like making a chair.
You can book in person at the Bodgers area in Home Farm Courtyard when they are in residence which is generally any Monday, Tuesday or Friday between 10 AM and 3 PM You can book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Stating the title and date of the course and the name (s) of those involved. Details will then be given to pay by Bank Transfer. A few days after that an email confirmation will be sent and a reminder to turn up will go out about a week before the course.
Courses are for all abilities and no prior woodworking knowledge is required. The course can be physically challenging. For more info please email email@example.com.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01275461900
- This workshop is suitable for ages 16+
- Meeting point
- Head to the welcome building at Home Farm visitor centre to sign in.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress for the weather - the workshop will take place undercover but outside. Please wear sturdy footwear and clothes you don't mind getting a bit messy.
- Home Farm visitor centre is fully accessible.
- Ticket price includes all materials, use of tools, and tea and coffee