Timed entry to Hardy's Cottage (27 July - 1 Aug)
Book your timed entry to visit Hardy's Cottage.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member. Please follow the latest guidance when you visit.
Tours will last approximately 1 hour, please arrive at the cottage 15 minutes before your entry slot so that your visit can begin promptly. Please note: there is a 10-15 minute walk to the cottage from the carpark and there is no toilet on site. (Nearest toilet is at the Hardy’s Birthplace Visitor Centre).
Open for your visit this week: House and Garden.
Visitors will be given a 15-20 minute introductory talk, followed by 20 minutes to explore inside the cottage. The remaining time is for free exploration of the garden. There is a café and toilets in the visitor centre, this is not National Trust and is managed by Dorset Council - see their own webpage / Facebook page for opening times for the café and visitor centre. The nearest carpark to the cottage is the Dorset Council car park by the visitor centre. This is pay and display for everyone, including National Trust members. The cottage is a 10-15 minute walk from the carpark and visitor centre. Card payments only, no cash for walk up admissions.
A large portion of the visit to Hardy's Cottage is spent outdoors, so appropriate clothing for all weathers is required. Access to the upper level of the cottage is via a steep staircase.
Assistance dogs only allowed inside the cottage.
Event ticket prices
Adult £8.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £4.00Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Essential Companion or Carer £0.00
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £12.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £20.00
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property.
- Toilets and café at Hardy's Birthplace Visitor Centre. The nearest car park is managed by Dorset Council. Pay and display charges apply. It is a 15 - 20 minute walk to the cottage depending on your pace. Accessible route via bridlepath which is unsurfaced, can be muddy and uneven. Trampers (all-terrain mobility scooters) available for hire, please ring 01305 251228 to enquire.
- • Please book one ticket per person. Children under 5 don’t need a ticket. Please bring your membership card to show on arrival. • Please follow the latest guidance when you visit. • If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Check the property website before you travel to see which facilities are open for your visit. • Tickets are for your use and cannot be resold.