Percy the Park Keeper - After the Storm Parkland trail
Visit Dairy Wood Way and help Percy and friends build a new home after the storm leaves them homeless. Fun for all the family as you connect with nature and spark little imaginations with forest play.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Join us for this colourful season where the Parkland is host to this terrific tale of friendship and teamwork. Visit Dairy Wood Way and help Percy and friends build a new home after the storm leaves them homeless. Fun for all the family as you connect with nature and spark little imaginations with forest play. Build dens, cook-up the perfect recipe in the mud kitchen, create animal art and compose your own musical storm, before discovering what Percy is planting to help care for nature.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- No booking required.
- Children and families welcome.
- Meeting point
- Head to Dairy Wood, near the main car park for this Percy trail. Visit the Welcome building on arrival to purchase your trail sheets to help you on your forest adventures.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring wellies and warm layers to enjoy this outdoor trail.
- Please note, that the trail is outdoors and in a woodland area with uneven ground in places and the possibility of wet weather conditions. A pram could be pushed along the main trail but a wheelchair may struggle.
- £1 trail sheets can be purchased from the Welcome building located next to the main car park, or the Gift Shop and Housekeeper's Store in the Stableyard. Toilet facilities are located in the Stabelyard area. £8 vehicle Parkland entry applies to all (including National Trust members).