Heritage Open Day - Free Entry Weekend
From rugged moorlands to a historic house set within formal gardens, this Heritage Open Day, discover Lyme’s rich stories across six centuries of history at Lyme.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
This heritage open day, whether you want to step inside the house and explore its beautiful features, see the unmissable landmarks on Lyme’s landscape across the park, or have a free adventure with the family there’s something for everyone at Lyme.
- Discover Lyme's glorious house filled with six centuries of history. Introduce yourself to Lyme with a new exhibition of rarely seen sketches and paintings
- There's plenty at Lyme for a full family day out come rain or shine. Whether you want to imagine what it was like as a child living at Lyme in the House or pick up a 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 activity leaflet there's plenty to do for every young explorer.
- Those feeling active and adventurous can pick up a trail map and explore Lyme's landscape for historic follys and views of Manchester and the Peak District.
Our cafes are open and serving hot and cold drinks, hot meals, sandwiches, cakes, and other light bites. Whether you’ve not visited in a while, or never visited before we can’t wait to welcome you to Lyme.
- Children welcome
- What to bring and wear
- Bring weather appropriate clothing.
- Please check our website for accessible information.