Sunset Sailing Cruises
Brought to you by the National Trust and Derwent Water Marina, enjoy the peaceful setting of Derwent Water at dusk by joining an RYA qualified instructor on a pleasant evening sail. Perfect for the whole family.
- Booking essential
Here is a chance to see the striking mountain views surrounding Derwent Water from a different perspective, looking up past the sails directly from the centre of the lake.
Drift along quietly as you watch the sun setting against the hills reflected on the still surface of the water on this two hour tour. Bring a camera and take home lasting memories of wildlife spotted or the changing colours of an evening landscape.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01768772912
- All ages welcome, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting point
- Please meet us at Derwent Water Marina, Portinscale, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 5RF
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather forecast and bring an extra layer as it can get chilly as the sun sinks behind the fells. Buoyancy aids will be provided
- It is a 200 metre walk on gravel paths from the car park to the jetty and you will need to step up or down (depending on water level) into the boat. You may need to move from side to side in the boat so you will need to be able to duck under the boom.
- The sailing craft will either by a Laser 16 or a Hawk 20 depending on the number of people who have booked. The craft will be operated by a RYA qualified instructor from Derwentwater Marina.