Art Boxes at Basildon Park
New for this summer, Basildon Park is offering visitors the chance to experience the parkland in a different way, through creating pieces of art out in the parkland.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Everyday throughout June, July & August there will be boxes placed at various points around the parkland which contain some basic art materials.
It is then up to visitors to get creative, by making a piece of art based on the view they can see at these various points. All completed pieces of art should then be placed back in a box at Visitor Reception for the Basildon Park team to collect in.
Please write your name and age on the back of your piece of art.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Entry for National Trust members: free.
- This event is suitable for children, we would love to see creativity from all
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Ask the friendly team at Visitor Reception for details on where to find the Art Boxes.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear clothes suitable for walking in the parkland based on the weather conditions.
- The parkland walks are not accessible.
- Basildon Park has frequently been linked to art. The Iliffe's were keen collectors, and the Brinsley Ford exhibition in the South Pavillion showcases some great pieces of work, including impressive Old Masters, 20th century engravings and paintings of the Grand Tour. During the summer months we want to give visitors the chance to engage with art in another way. Then in the autumn there will be an exhibition of some of the art pieces created by visitors during these months.
|18 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|19 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|21 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|22 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|27 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|28 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|29 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|30 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|31 August 2017||10:00 - 17:00||Available|