Outdoor Theatre: As you like it - The Lord Chamberlain's Men
Dunster Castle is pleased to host The Lord Chamberlain's Men who invite you to join them this summer for the sparkling comedy, As You Like It.
- Booking essential
One of the UK’s finest touring theatre companies present this great play as Shakespeare first saw it performed - in the open air, by an all male cast and with Elizabethan costumes, music and dance.
“Love is merely a madness!”
Separately, Rosalind and her dear friend Celia, the noble Orlando, and the usurped Duke Senior and his courtiers get banished and set up new lives in the Forest of Arden. Free from the constraints of their former lives lovers tussle, wits and fools spar, familial bonds are challenged, and everyone wrestles with what it really means to be yourself.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”
In exile they become exultant as true love and true identity is found in the forest. This rustic romp packed with music, laughs, cross-dressing confusion and a dash of wrestling will keep you smiling to the last.
“All the world’s a stage!”
Bring a chair and a picnic and prepare to be entertained and transported. Book early to avoid missing out.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0333 666 3366
- A booking fee will apply (see The Lord Chamberlain's Men's website for details).
- Children are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please check in via the Ticket Office. Gates open at 6pm and the performance will take place on Green Court, in front of the castle.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress appropriately for the weather as the performance will go ahead rain or shine. We ask that you don't bring umbrellas.
- The walk from the car park to the performance area is up a steep hill and is not suitable for those with limited mobility. A courtesy vehicle will be running to transport audience members from the car park to Green Court and Personal Mobility Vehicles are available to borrow, though these must be booked in advance.
- Tenants' Hall will be open to provide refreshments including alcohol. There is free parking in both Dunster Castle car park and Dunster Village (should our car park become full) so please allow time for an extra 5 minute walk.