The Big Walk - Celebrating 125 years of the National Trust
Join the big walk from Preston Park, Brighton to Devil’s Dyke. Rangers will bring the landscape alive through poetry, storytelling and wildlife encounters. This event is supported by Brighton and Hove City Council and Brighton and Hove Buses.
- Booking essential
- Free event
Join the adventure and bring all the family on this big walk from Preston Park to Devil’s Dyke. Discover the rolling hills and giant skies as we leave Brighton behind and burst into the downs. Our Ranger guides will bring the landscape alive through poetry, storytelling and wildlife encounters. Uneven ground and steep terrain in places so suitable footwear required. Dogs on leads welcome. This is a car free event. Includes a free network saver bus ticket back to Brighton.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Suitable for children able to walk five miles. Must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet in Preston Park/ Brighton near to the north west entrance on the A27 opposite the bowls club near to the Preston Drove bus stop.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring food, water, and clothes and shoes suitable for a walk in the downs. The walk will be mainly off road on unsurfaced footpaths.
- The route will include some steep unsurfaced paths.
- Public toilets available at Preston Park, Saddlescombe Farm and Devil's Dyke. This event is supported by Brighton and Hove City Council and Brighton and Hove Buses.
|24 May 2020||10:00 - 14:00||Available|