1930's Christmas at Polesden Lacey
As part of our Christmas tradition, our theme once again is the fabulous festive parties that Mrs. Greville was renowned for during the 1930s. Step back in time and experience the glamour of a high society Christmas.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
The house is blooming with seasonal flowers, Christmas trees twinkle gently in the salon, scents of nutmeg & cinnamon drift from the servery, and all the while 1930s tunes float through the air to set your feet dancing. Glimpse the servant's areas where all the hard work was done to make the parties run like clockwork and iIt's not just the grown-ups who are celebrating this year, Mrs. Greville's dogs are having their very own party, follow our trail to find her furry friends.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
As of 2017, we will be charging a single entry price for House and Garden admission. £1 restaurant voucher if arriving by public transport (present valid ticket at visitor reception). Parking £5.00 for non-members. Members go free.
- Booking details
- Call 0844 249 1895
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Santa's not here! Father Christmas has been invited to be guest of honour, but he's nowhere to be seen! Where does he keep popping off to, and will he make it back in time for the party?
- What to bring and wear
- Savour the indulgence of Mrs. Greville's renowned Christmas parties, before listening to the Yuletide message of regular Polesden party guest King George VI in the billiard room.
- At the weekends take a horse & carriage ride through the grounds and enjoy a cup of the finest mulled wine whilst listening to local choirs singing favourite Christmas carols in the dairy courtyard.
- The house will be open every day from 11 am on Friday 1st until Friday 15th December, weekdays for tours only, every 15 minutes from 11am-12.00pm (book on arrival), followed by free flow exploration in the afternoon and at weekends and every day from 18th December to 23rd December, until 4pm. Last entry to the house is 3.30pm. The Gardens, Shop, Granary Café and Coffee shop are open from 10 am until 4pm. Our Christmas offer is free to NT members, and for non-members the admission charges are adults £15 each, children £7.60 each and families £38. For non-members there is also a car parking charge of £5. Horse and carriage rides at weekends are £3 adult and £2 child. Please note, for conservation reasons only parts of the house are open.
|15 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|16 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|17 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|18 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 December 2017||11:00 - 16:00||Available|