Wild art at the Battery
Help us create a nature table this half-term at the Needles New Battery, so we can show people why this area is so important. And you can tick off one of your 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 too.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Using a selection of items found along the beautiful headland of the High Down, help us create a nature table that will inform visitors about why conservation is so important in this special area.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
The Needles Old Battery entry for National Trust members: free
The Needles New Battery: admission free for all.
- Suitable for the whole family
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Needles New Battery, PO39 0JH (SZ 300 848)
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothing suitable for the weather and walking boots. Bring binoculars and a camera if you have them.
- There are some very important, protected plants that grow near the Needles Battery. So that we can all protect them for the future, please don't collect any to bring along without asking for guidance first. Entry to the Needles New Battery is free.
|29 May 2017||11:30 - 15:30||Available|