Pole Lathe Bowl Turning
Learn the traditional techniques of turning a bowl from green wood using a pole lathe within Shugborough's historic woodland.
- Booking essential
The one day course will provide step by step instruction on correct tool selection and technique to turn the inside and outside of the bowl. The pole lathes are pedal operated which gives you a wonderful connection with the rhythm of wood removal. The finished bowl can be taken home at the end of the course.
The course is suitable for both total beginners and more experienced individuals who want to refine their craft. All materials tools and equipment will be provided.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 07761 999522
- This event is for adults (age 18 and over)
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Pass through visitor reception to be directed to the event area.
- What to bring and wear
- This is an outdoor event so we recommend bringing layers that you don't mind getting a bit messy, and sturdy footwear.
- Those with limited mobility may find aspects of this event challenging. If you would like to discuss your individual needs further please get in touch.
|27 June 2019||09:30 - 16:30||Available|
|28 June 2019||09:30 - 16:30||Available|