Get up-close and personal with a wide variety of moth species as one of our rangers talks you through the regular moth surveying we do at Scotney and opens one of the moth traps to see what's inside.
- Booking essential
Moths often lose out in the popularity stakes to their butterfly cousins but they are truly beautiful and intriguing in their own right. Join our ranger and expert moth volunteers for a behind-the scenes moth morning to view and learn about the moths found by the Old Castle. The morning finishes with a breakfast bacon or veggie sausage bap in the tea-room.
Event ticket prices
All £10.00per person
- Booking details
- Call 01892 893820
- Please ring to reserve your place - payment is due on the day.
- Suitable for 7 years upwards.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Visitor Entrance at 7am.
- What to bring and wear
- Footwear and clothing suitable for being outside in the early morning.
- Paths suitable for motorised mobility scooters and wheelchairs.
- The cost of the moth morning includes entry to the gardens, the moth survey and breakfast. There is no re-entry into the gardens during opening hours except for members or for participants who wish to pay to re-enter.