Pollinator Wellbeing Walks
Brought to you by the National Trust and Cumbria Wildlife Trust as part of the Planting for Pollinators project, join us on a peaceful walk through the wildflowers as we come together to protect these important habitats.
- Booking essential
- Free event
Come on a guided wander through the wildflower meadows, with the chance to make a difference by getting involved in a little hands-on conservation work through weeding, seed collection, butterfly counting, or bulb planting.
Combining helping our meadows, and by extension our pollinators, we invite you to enjoy a moment of wellbeing surrounded by the sight and smell of wildflowers.
- Booking details
- Call 07785 226698
- Maximum group size: 15 people
- Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting point
- Please meet us at Wellington lodge, Rosemary lane, Whitehaven, CA28 9AD.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear trousers and long sleeved clothing to ensure all skin is covered to give protection from the sun, plants and animals.
- There is a 20m climb from the meeting point to the meadows, then we will be going off the surfaced paths and into the long vegetation to do the survey work. The ground is uneven and you will need to bend down to make observations.
- Free parking at Haig pit car park CA28 9BG with 10 min walk along coastal path towards town or pay and display parking in Whitehaven and walk up to the Candlestick chimney