Join a family bushcraft session and learn how to light a fire, make a key chain or forage for wild foods. Booking in advance is not required, but you'll need to book on the day at Reception. Places are limited and cost £4 per person for each session.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
We will be running 5 hour long sessions between 11am and 3pm in the magical autumn woodland.
Booking in advance is not required, although you'l need to book on the day at Reception as there is limited availability. Each session costs £4 per person.
Each session will focus on a different wild skill:
11am - Foraging (all ages)
12pm - Modern and primitive fire lighting (all ages)
1pm - Damper bread making and marshmallow roasting (all ages)
2pm - Key chain making (all ages)
3pm - Tent peg making (10yrs +)
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Free entry for National Trust members.
- Accompanied children are welcome
- Meeting point
- Booking on the day at Reception. Our friendly staff will tell you where to meet the family bushcraft instructors.
- What to bring and wear
- All sessions will be outdoors so please do dress for the weather. We will be working in wooded areas with muddy paths, especially in wet weather, so boots, wellies and waterproofs are advised.
- The sessions will be taking place in the woodland next to the Cricket Pitch. The main access to this area is via a small wooden footbridge. There is wheelchair access to the woodland via the main driveway. Paths in the woodland can be narrow and muddy, especially in wet weather.
- The sessions are not free - there is a charge of £4 per person for each session