Gondola Behind the Scenes Heritage Open Day event
As part of the Heritage Open Days festival, this is a rare opportunity to find out more about the story of this wonderful steamboat with seldom seen archive material on display and a chance to chat with the crew.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Enjoy a 'walk on, walk off' tour on board exploring this rebuilt Victorian steam yacht. There will be a chance to chat to the crew about the challenges of looking after an historic ship and explore the workings of the steam engine. See photographs of the original Gondola in her Victorian heyday and pictures of Gondola's rescue from the bed of the lake in the 1970s which are not usually on pubic display. Children's trail available (with parental supervision)
- Booking details
- Call 015394 32733
- Children welcome.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Coniston Pier, Lake Rd, Coniston, LA21 8AN
- What to bring and wear
- If you want to explore Gondola's outer decks, please dress for the weather.
- 200 yards from car park, narrow ramped gangway and 3 steps to board.
- Please note that Gondola will remain moored at the pier throughout this event. Drop in anytime between 5 and 6.30pm
|14 September 2018||17:00 - 18:30||Available|