Christmas Weekends at Calke Abbey
Experience magical Christmas weekends at Calke Abbey, with lights, illuminations and festive fairs for all the family.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Christmas weekends at Calke are a magical time to make memories. As darkness falls, follow a twinkling trail of lights and illuminations through the Pleasure Grounds to the church, and catch a glimpse of the house lit up in festive lights. Discover a series of treasures along the trail and be inspired to share some joy this Christmas.
December dates and times as follows:
Fri 3 Dec, 5pm–8pm
Sat 4 and Sun 5 Dec, 9am–6pm
Sat 11 and Sun 12 Dec, 9am–6pm
Sat 18 and Sun 19 Dec, 9am–6pm
Mon 20, Tues 21, Weds 22 Dec, 10am–6pm
See below for more detail on entry times to the House and Gardens.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
The admission fee to the Parkland and Gardens applies to all non-members, whether arriving by car, bike or on foot. This supports vital conservation work in the outdoors at Calke Abbey, so that we can protect this special place for everyone, for ever. There is no car parking charge.
Admission to the House is in addition to the Parkland and Gardens, and is available from the Ticket Office.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Start your Christmas adventure in the Ticket Office to find out what's on at Calke this festive season.
- What to bring and wear
- Hats, scarves and gloves may be required for those cold winter days (and evenings!). We recommend warm clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Please note that the lights and illuminations will be switched on as darkness falls, usually around 4pm. Last entry to the park is 5pm. A few rooms of the house will be open as part of the Christmas trail, last entry 5.30pm. The trail will close at 6pm, and we recommend allowing an hour to complete the full trail. Please note that dogs on leads are welcome to this event, but will not be able to go in the house or tunnels.