Family crafts at Swanley Grange
Get crafty in Swanley Grange during the summer holidays.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Head to Swanley Grange workshop (look out for the signs) between 11am and 3pm to have a go at some family craft activities. We'll provide the materials and instructions and it's free to have a go.
From 23 July to 7 August, have a go at making a colourful woolly bird!
From 8 August to 21 August, become a nature detective and discover more about trees by making your own leaf clue sheet.
Finally, from 22 August to 4 September, get messy with clay and create your own mini butterfly leaf coaster.
There's something available for all ages, so have fun and get crafty!
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 2 children||£28.10||£25.50|
Minimum group size 14
Minimum group size 14
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust & English Heritage members can visit free of charge as part of their membership. Please bring your membership card with you. We do not accept CSSC cards.
- Children must be supervised by guardians in the workshop.
- Meeting point
- Swanley Grange is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the Visitor Centre . It takes slightly longer to get there from the Studley or Westgate entrances - this route also goes up a steep hill (20% gradient).
- What to bring and wear
- Although this is an indoor activity, we are an outdoor site - so dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes. There are some steep slopes and areas of uneven ground on the estate.
- Large print versions of instructions available. Swanley Grange can be accessed on a level surface from the Visitor Centre. The workshop has level surfaces and space for wheelchairs. Quieter times in the workshop tend to be around 11am and after 2pm. Sometimes volunteer assistance will be available in the workshop.