Make Golden Cap your Playground this summer
We would love to invite you to discover all that Golden Cap estate has to offer you and your family this summer. Come Out & Play today and make Golden Cap your playground.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Our Golden Cap Estate has two different car parks, Stonebarrow and Langdon Hill. Both areas offer great fun for you and your family and we want to invite you to our site to explore.
Park at Langdon Hill for easy access to climb Golden Cap (the highest point on the southwest coast) or park at Stonebarrow to discover great orienteering and family trails.
Langdon Hill also has orienteering and Den Building and Stonebarrow has an outlet selling refreshments and a great Mobility Tramper Hire facility.
Come to Golden Cap Estate this summer and enjoy exploring this incredible site.
Best of all the activities are FREE*
*The Tramper Hire has a small initial joining fee.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- If you wish to book our tramper please email: email@example.com
- The mix of activities are for children, teenagers and adults of all ages.
- Meeting point
- You can park at Stonebarrow Car Park DT6 6RA or Langdon Hill which is DT6 6EP
- What to bring and wear
- This site is 100% outdoors so dress for the weather. If you decide to climb Golden Cap (which is well sign posted from Langdon Hill car park) please wear good, solid footwear and take water.
- Both Stonebarrow and Langdon Hill have blue badge parking. Langdon Hill has a nice circular route which can be used by mobility scooters - you will need a radar key. Stonebarrow has a Tramper for hire and toilets with ramp access. https://countrysidemobility.org/locations/national-trust-stonebarrow
- All activities are detailed in a special leaflet which can be downloaded or viewed via our social media Facebook page (National Trust North and West Dorset). Or collect a leaflet from our HIVE BAY HUT at the car park or from the team at Stonebarrow.