Big Garden Birdwatch
Stowe has one of the most significant gardens in the country, so what better way to come and spot birds than here? Whether you see sparrows or siskins, blackbirds or barn owls, your findings will be crucial to make sure bird species are cared for.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Last year, nearly half a million people took part in the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch, the data received was vital to understand how British bird species are doing.
We have hundreds of benches spread across the gardens so you can come to your favourite spot and see which feathered friends come and join you.
- Event ticket prices
|Family One Adult||£23.40||£21.00|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust Members||N/A||£5.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
Entry to Stowe's 1,000 acres of parkland is free of charge.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception. Non-NT members £7, NT members £5.50. HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
Parking is free of charge.
- This is a child friendly event.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- What to bring and wear
- Make sure to check the weather forecast and bring sensible clothing. There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- We have a huge array of species that call Stowe their home. Working with partners BORG (Bucks Owl Raptor Group), we provide owl boxes and monitor new owlets to help native populations. As a charity you can support us to carry on vital work by making a donation when you visit.
|25 January 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|26 January 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 January 2020||10:00 - 16:00||Available|