Orford Ness Writing Workshop
A day of writing, exploring behind the scenes of one of the UK’s most enigmatic wild locations. Landscape is a powerful resource for writers. This workshop unpicks the complex story of the Ness, finding inspiration in its natural and human history.
- Booking essential
This full-day workshop is led by Suffolk-based landscape writer and tutor, Liz Ferretti, an Arts Council award winner, who has worked with hundreds of writers across the UK.
The day will be spent in guided exploration and writing, with a lunch-time writer’s surgery with your tutor. Participants will gain privileged access to the Ness, as the site will be closed to the general public. Suitable for writers at all levels of experience, working in any genre.
Event ticket prices
Adult £65.00NT member
Adult £72.00NT member
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Adults only
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at 9.30 outside the National Trust office on Orford Quay for a brief introduction followed by transfer by ferry to the Ness. Park in public car park opposite Jolly Sailor Pub. No parking on quay
- What to bring and wear
- Bring only equipment you can carry for long distances unaided and sufficient food and clothing to enable you to work comfortably outside most of the day in exposed conditions. Tea and coffee provided.
- This involves a ferry crossing of river - must be able to negotiate steep and sometimes slippery steps. Mostly made up paths, some uneven. Expect to walk several miles during the day.
- Writing materials not provided. Please bring membership cards. Find out more about Liz Ferretti: www.writerrevealed.co.uk
|6 June 2019||09:30 - 16:30||Available|