Let’s Play at Attingham
Ready for an adventure? Then head to Attingham's Field of Play for a special summer Pavilion of Play created by Wild Rumpus and it's surrounding 30m diameter straw bale fort.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
The Pavilion of Play and straw bale fort will be in the Field for the whole of the Shropshire Summer holidays and is open from 8am to (last entry) 6pm.
So come early or late, just once or many times during the holiday as you use the look-out point to survey your surroundings, listen out for nearby wildlife, run, jump and hide in the straw fort or invent your own way to play.
What will your adventure include?
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£24.80||£22.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Admission to Attingham is free for National Trust members and under 5s. Non-members pay admission fee at the time of booking.
- Suitable for all ages with adult supervision.
- Meeting point
- Head to to the Field of Play and then follow the grey path to find the straw bale fort and and Play Pavilion in the center of the Field.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress for the elements and a little bit extra as the Field of Play attracts more than it's fair share of weather - wind, rain or sun! Don't let a little change in the atmosphere stop play!
- The straw bale fort and play pavilion are both wheelchair accessible.
- The straw bales are from local Shropshire farmers and at the end of their life as a fort will be going to one of our tenant farmers for winter cow bedding.