Heigham Holmes Open Day
Heigham Holmes Nature Reserve is open to the public to visit just one day a year.
- Booking not needed
- Free event
This secret island is a hidden gem in the Norfolk Broads and is home to a host of wildlife some of which is unique to the area including the Swallowtail Butterfly and the Common Crane. Enter the via a special swing bridge at Martham Ferry and enjoy a day out as a family. Why not bring a picnic and enjoy the outdoor games we have on offer. Activities include kite flying, bug hunting, pond dipping, nature trails and more. Light refreshments are available. Dogs on leads please.
- Booking details
- Just turn up on the day. Parking will be available near to the swing bridge at Martham Ferry.
- Great for children & familes - must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Access via floating swingbridge at Martham ferry (TG 445 194). 11.00 - 16.00 Parking sign posted opposite Martham Staithe just before ferry.
- What to bring and wear
- outdoor clothing and footwear advisable, binoculars, hat and sun cream
- Accessible to wheelchairs from Ferry to barn complex on metalled roadway. Elsewhere grass fields and gravel tracks.
|5 August 2018||11:00 - 16:00||Available|