Unseen Spaces Tours 2019
We are continuing to work towards 'unlocking' more rooms in Polesden Lacey House, guest bedrooms, corridors, & the King's suite, for everyone to enjoy.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
This involves structural work and extensive funding to restore the rooms and will take some years to achieve.
The Unseen Spaces Tour will give you a preview of these spaces while the work is in progress and you will be able to see rooms that have never been open to the public before.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
National Trust members and under 5s are free.
£1 restaurant voucher if arriving by public transport (present valid ticket at visitor reception).
Parking for non-members: £2 up to and including 2 hours, £5 all day.
- Booking details
- Tours are every weekday, except for Bank Holidays.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Book your tour on the day at Visitor Reception and then meet outside the front of the house five minutes before the start of the tour.
- Please be advised that there are access issues on this tour and you will need to be able to manage walking up and down stairs.
- Tours start promptly at 2.15pm from the front of the house and will be approximately one hour in length. Maximum 10 people per tour; please note that tickets are booked on a first come, first served on the day at Visitor Reception (tickets are not pre-bookable). The Unseen Spaces tour is free but we would appreciate a small donation to help us with the cost of restoring these rooms. We suggest £2 per person.
|15 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|18 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|19 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|20 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|21 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|22 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|25 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|26 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|27 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|28 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|29 November 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|2 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|3 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|4 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|5 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|6 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|9 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|10 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|11 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|
|12 December 2019||14:15 - 15:15||Available|